Skip to main content

Garbage.


I closed my eyes, limiting my senses exclusively to the deliciousness of what was to come. My rabid mouth waiting to sate a craving that had only grown stronger by the hour. I could smell the richness of the caramelized sugar, feel the texture of the cake - layered in dark chocolate and caramel. The moist sponginess soaked in rum, enveloped in the gooey richness of chocolate frosting with bits of chocolate, slivers of almonds and a dollop of cream. My stomach grumbled at the unnecessary pause and I finally craved in to a desire as primal as life. My tongue played with the bits as it soaked in the flavors it had forgotten as I swallowed and felt the richness within me. My mind pulsating with the ecstasy of hunger finally sated, wandered back in time. A memory of two hopeful, lost souls sitting underneath the towering angel of victory in the city square. Guarding our treasure from lustful eyes peering out of the shadows in this city of our dreams. I opened my eyes and saw people walking by, staring with disgust and shame from the corner of their eyes as I wiped the discolored, unrecognizable, dribbling remains of the day on my shoulder, blurring the line between the main course and the left overs. Garbage had never tasted this good. 

Popular posts from this blog

A Dream Upon Waking.

I sleep like a fetus under the covers. Curled like a fern frond, hiding away from the light and the fear. I uncurl in the warmth of your embrace and sleep in the stillness of a dreamless night. I mesmerize you with the rhythm of my breaths and the murmur of my beating heart. Morning brought the lambent light, blinding me and breaking the trance. I feel your absence next to me, like phantom wings of a fallen angel. I curl again, kiss my knees. Brood upon a distant memory where darkness lulled me in waters deep. The lungs remember how to breathe and the heart remembers how to forget.

The Castro

We walk in sync. You lead, and I wander across nameless streets. You talk, I listen and let you into my soul. You kiss, and I cave in, let you inside me. We talk, and we listen as you drift away from me. You sleep, and I still hear you breathe. Whisper truth in your dreams, that will foul like your breath in awakening. I hear your heart beat, tell tales of lovers. Your hand lies on my breast, skin that no longer feels like another. I taste like you, smell like you. Just as you do. Tonight we sleep as lovers, for tomorrow at the crossroads, you will leave me a stranger. Nameless, faceless, soulless. Like the one thousand lovers before me.

San Francisco

This will be our last moment. A moment that will encase all the other moments. Dwarfed by the skyscrapers, my insignificance sinking in, I feel your disdain at another departing lover. I know your streets, better than the lines of fate on my palms. Your secrets hidden in nooks are now mine to keep. Your many sounds, dulcet and loud. I am your lover, yet a stranger to your people. I look up at the sky searching for the stars that would someday guide me back to you. Stars that I could not see in clear skies, now cloaked in fog. I press the button and hear the metal scrape as the elevator rises behind the glass doors. Its open doors urging me to enter the nether world. I drag my bags in, things that I couldn’t let go while letting go of things that I did not want to let go. The doors close behind me. A promise of love, life, or death that will remain unfulfilled until the day I return, to never leave again. Goodbye San Francisco.