Skip to main content

A Dream Upon Waking.


I sleep like a fetus under the covers. Curled like a fern frond, hiding away from the light and the fear. I uncurl in the warmth of your embrace and sleep in the stillness of a dreamless night. I mesmerize you with the rhythm of my breaths and the murmur of my beating heart. Morning brought the lambent light, blinding me and breaking the trance. I feel your absence next to me, like phantom wings of a fallen angel. I curl again, kiss my knees. Brood upon a distant memory where darkness lulled me in waters deep. The lungs remember how to breathe and the heart remembers how to forget.

Popular posts from this blog

Ankyloglossia

I've never done this before. Neither have I. I think it's too early. I'm not sure if I'm ready. I'm scared. I feel funny. Is it supposed to be like this? I always thought it would be different. Not with you. Never with you. I can do without this. Oh, I don't need this either. What about tomorrow? Yeah, today won't be the same after this. We won't be the same after this. There's no turning back. It feels right though. I feel fine. Alright, I'll do it. I'll do it. I love you. I love you.

Burn It Blue.

Burn. There's a spark in me that yearns to shine. Burn. Let me light the fire. Never meander, never waver, never lost. Burn. Until my journey is complete and I'm one with the fire. Luminous. Burn. For you lit this spark, one stone against another. Burn. A twist, a splash and a scratch. Burn. Yellow, red, orange, purple and blue. Burn. Your screams shatter my shackles, walking on your smoldering ashes. Blistering feet running towards the light, to life. Burn. A life for a life. Burn. A dream for a life. A starless, dawnless night. A sparkless life. I burn blue. 

The Castro

We walk in sync. You lead, and I wander across nameless streets. You talk, I listen and let you into my soul. You kiss, and I cave in, let you inside me. We talk, and we listen as you drift away from me. You sleep, and I still hear you breathe. Whisper truth in your dreams, that will foul like your breath in awakening. I hear your heart beat, tell tales of lovers. Your hand lies on my breast, skin that no longer feels like another. I taste like you, smell like you. Just as you do. Tonight we sleep as lovers, for tomorrow at the crossroads, you will leave me a stranger. Nameless, faceless, soulless. Like the one thousand lovers before me.