Skip to main content

San Francisco

This will be our last moment. A moment that will encase all the other moments. Dwarfed by the skyscrapers, my insignificance sinking in, I feel your disdain at another departing lover. I know your streets, better than the lines of fate on my palms. Your secrets hidden in nooks are now mine to keep. Your many sounds, dulcet and loud. I am your lover, yet a stranger to your people. I look up at the sky searching for the stars that would someday guide me back to you. Stars that I could not see in clear skies, now cloaked in fog. I press the button and hear the metal scrape as the elevator rises behind the glass doors. Its open doors urging me to enter the nether world. I drag my bags in, things that I couldn’t let go while letting go of things that I did not want to let go. The doors close behind me. A promise of love, life, or death that will remain unfulfilled until the day I return, to never leave again. Goodbye San Francisco.

Popular posts from this blog

Ankyloglossia

I've never done this before. Neither have I. I think it's too early. I'm not sure if I'm ready. I'm scared. I feel funny. Is it supposed to be like this? I always thought it would be different. Not with you. Never with you. I can do without this. Oh, I don't need this either. What about tomorrow? Yeah, today won't be the same after this. We won't be the same after this. There's no turning back. It feels right though. I feel fine. Alright, I'll do it. I'll do it. I love you. I love you.

Burn It Blue.

Burn. There's a spark in me that yearns to shine. Burn. Let me light the fire. Never meander, never waver, never lost. Burn. Until my journey is complete and I'm one with the fire. Luminous. Burn. For you lit this spark, one stone against another. Burn. A twist, a splash and a scratch. Burn. Yellow, red, orange, purple and blue. Burn. Your screams shatter my shackles, walking on your smoldering ashes. Blistering feet running towards the light, to life. Burn. A life for a life. Burn. A dream for a life. A starless, dawnless night. A sparkless life. I burn blue. 

The Castro

We walk in sync. You lead, and I wander across nameless streets. You talk, I listen and let you into my soul. You kiss, and I cave in, let you inside me. We talk, and we listen as you drift away from me. You sleep, and I still hear you breathe. Whisper truth in your dreams, that will foul like your breath in awakening. I hear your heart beat, tell tales of lovers. Your hand lies on my breast, skin that no longer feels like another. I taste like you, smell like you. Just as you do. Tonight we sleep as lovers, for tomorrow at the crossroads, you will leave me a stranger. Nameless, faceless, soulless. Like the one thousand lovers before me.